I'm not sure if I have mentioned it earlier on here, although if you follow me on Tumblr or Twitter you might know already, but I had sinus surgery on Thursday.
I've had sinus issues for many years now. I saw an ENT (ears, nose, throat) specialist last year and we decided that surgery would be the next step for me. My CT scans showed some extensive sinus disease, as well as a polyp and a deviated septum.
So I had surgery to clean my sinuses out, remove the polyp and realign the deviated septum. Unfortunately my surgeon/ENT found some gross stuff in there and now believes that I suffer from Allergic Fungal Sinusitis. He didn't go into much detail about it with me while I was in hospital and I'm trying my best to not look it up online or it might freak me out. So after my check up with him I will know more.
I'm not a pretty sight at the moment and I don't know how comfortable I will actually feel around others at work. It's all well and good letting your boyfriend and best friend see you with gross stuff dripping from your nose and making awful noises whilst doing sinus rinses, but I'm not sure my co-workers would really appreciate it... GROSS.
In the mean time, I'm going to try catch up on some much needed blogging, watch a lot more of House and eventually get back into the swing of things at work.
So, late again, here's some links for you all to check out:
- Simple Silhouettes have brought out a new range of dresses that are perfect for bridesmaids or wedding attendees. LOVE THEM!
- Check out these awesome rain cloud wall decals by Mae. I want them!
- Awesome recipe cards from Gait Design. Might need to get these myself!
- Unique balsa wood airplane save the date.
- I think I need both of these recipe books by the boys from Baked.